Sub-National Governance Study Papers28 May 2014
To feed the UNDP’s Subnational Governance and Development Strategy and to help widening the academic-research spectrum in the country, the Sub-national Governance and Development (SNGD) unit of UNDP-Afghanistan fully supported the research and publications of the five below study papers:
1. Innovations for Accountable and Responsive Local Governance - Aditi N. Haté and Shahzar Zadran
2. Local Budget and Treasury Processes - Ted Dinklo
3. Inter-Governmental Roles in Service Delivery - Michael J. Meyer and Abdul Moien Jawhary
4. Management of Local Grievances and Complaints in the Afghan Public Sector - P. Madhava Rao
5. Local Conflict Management - Khibar Rassul
The papers’ findings and recommendations were taken into account during the SNGD strategy formulation and will be considered for the design of the new progrmme documents following-on the current UNDP interventions in the sub-national governance and service delivery sector.
To spread the information, the study papers are packaged into a one Study Box and are being distributed to all relevant organizations –i.e. UN agencies, government partners, donors’ community, private sector and academic centers.
Download this Document
- UNDP Subnational Governance Strategy English
- Innovations for Accountable and Responsive Local Governance English
- Local Budget and Treasury Processes English
- Inter-Governmental Roles in Service Delivery English
- Management of Local Grievances and Complaints in the Afghan Public Sector English
- Local Conflict Management English