My Country Through My Own EyesAug 13, 2017
The United Nations Development Programme in Afghanistan, in cooperation with the Afghan Ministry of Economy, ran a countrywide photo contest called “My Country Through My Own Eyes” to promote the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and to display progress of the SDGs in Afghanistan. The contest had two categories: photos taken on mobile phones by amateurs and photos by professional photojournalists.
The photo contest promoted discussion on the SDGs and showcased the achievements of Afghanistan in implementing the goals. The contest concluded with an exhibition of the best photographs taken by both amateur and professional photographers. UNDP presented 23 awards for the three best photos of the contest, the top 17 photos showing SDG progress, and the top three photos which had been taken on mobile phones.
In September 2015, world leaders from 193 nations, including Afghanistan, endorsed an ambitious agenda for global change called the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The SDGs represent a fifteen-year agenda (2015-2030) to achieve three objectives: end extreme poverty, fight inequality and injustice, and protect our planet. At the UN General Assembly, Chief Executive Abdullah Abdullah, on behalf of the Government of Afghanistan, committed to pursuing these goals together with Afghanistan’s development partners.
- Tolo News:
Other Media Links:
- BBC Persian:http://www.bbc.com/persian/afghanistan-40875649
- BBC Pashto: http://www.bbc.com/pashto/afghanistan-40875103
- TOLO News (11:53 - 13:15): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMrfTmooD6Q
- BBC Persian (VIDEO): http://www.bbc.com/persian/afghanistan-40879075
- Azadi Radio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEPg4j754BI
- Pajhwok: https://www.pajhwok.com/en/node/491131
- SalamWatandar: http://www.salamwatandar.com/Article.aspx?a=33579