UNDP Annual Report 2018
May 27, 2019
CHANGING, IMPROVING AND DELIVERING
2018 WAS A REMARKABLE YEAR FOR UNDP.
It was our first full year of implementing a new Strategic Plan – a plan built to help countries deliver on the Sustainable Development Goals.
At a time of change for the United Nations, we worked with our partners to help people get on their feet and stay there – meeting shortterm needs while laying the foundations for a hopeful, confident future.
- 20 MILLION PEOPLE GAINED ACCESS TO FINANCIAL SERVICES;
- 89 COUNTRIES PARTNERED WITH US TO REFORM DISCRIMINATORY LAWS;
- $1+ BILLION 15 COUNTRIES 3 MILLION INVESTED TO STRENGTHEN RESILIENCE TO CRISIS;
- 256 MILLION TONNES OF CARBON EMISSIONS CUT WITH OUR SUPPORT;
- 372,000 RURAL HOUSEHOLDS IMPROVED THEIR ACCESS TO CLEAN, AFFORDABLE AND RENEWABLE ENERGY;
- 73 COUNTRIES PROMOTED WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP AND DECISION MAKING POSITIONS;